YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers police are investigating the shooting of a 21-year-old man after they received multiple reports of shots fired near 100 Herriot St. across from the south side of Cerrato Park on Sunday, according to a release.
The victim was found with a gunshot wound to his lower back just before 6:30 p.m. on Sunday. He was taken to a local trauma center where he is expected to survive his injuries.
The suspect is described as a black male, approximately 20 years of age, wearing a grey sweatshirt and sweatpants, and a black baseball hat. The victim has been uncooperative with investigators at this time.
Anyone with information can contact the Detective Division at 914-377-7724. All calls will remain confidential. Anonymous tips can also be sent to the police by texting "ypd" plus tip to 847411.
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore
- 3 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Scarsdale
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Gang Members Charged With Murder, Other Felonies In White Plains Court