YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers police are investigating the shooting of a 21-year-old man after they received multiple reports of shots fired near 100 Herriot St. across from the south side of Cerrato Park on Sunday, according to a release.
The victim was found with a gunshot wound to his lower back just before 6:30 p.m. on Sunday. He was taken to a local trauma center where he is expected to survive his injuries.
The suspect is described as a black male, approximately 20 years of age, wearing a grey sweatshirt and sweatpants, and a black baseball hat. The victim has been uncooperative with investigators at this time.
Anyone with information can contact the Detective Division at 914-377-7724. All calls will remain confidential. Anonymous tips can also be sent to the police by texting "ypd" plus tip to 847411.
- 1 Scarsdale Native Killed In Crash Was Jungle Explorer, Tribal Advocate
- 2 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate
- 5 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon