YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers police are investigating the shooting of a 21-year-old man after they received multiple reports of shots fired near 100 Herriot St. across from the south side of Cerrato Park on Sunday, according to a release.
The victim was found with a gunshot wound to his lower back just before 6:30 p.m. on Sunday. He was taken to a local trauma center where he is expected to survive his injuries.
The suspect is described as a black male, approximately 20 years of age, wearing a grey sweatshirt and sweatpants, and a black baseball hat. The victim has been uncooperative with investigators at this time.
Anyone with information can contact the Detective Division at 914-377-7724. All calls will remain confidential. Anonymous tips can also be sent to the police by texting "ypd" plus tip to 847411.
- 1 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 2 Scarsdale Couple Suing Golf Club, Saying Balls Are Flying Into Yard
- 3 Woman Allegedly Uses Child To Steal Wallet In Central Avenue Pizzeria
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft