Scarsdale Seeks Residents For Village Boards, Councils

  • Comment
The Personnel Committee of the Scarsdale Village Board is looking for volunteers to fill open positions. Photo Credit: Zak Failla

SCARSDALE, N.Y. – The Personnel Committee of the Scarsdale Village Board is looking for residents interested in volunteering for various boards, councils and committees.

There are openings on most village boards and councils, with terms beginning April 1. Interested residents should submit their names, together with a list of community service and relevant professional background information, to Trustee Robert Harrison at Village Hall or online.

There are openings on the Board of Appeals, which rules on appeals from zoning requirements; the Board of Architectural Review, which preserves the character and appearance of Scarsdale; and the Planning Board, the advisers for trustees on master planning.

The Library Board – responsible for administrative and operating policies at the public library – and Advisory Council Parks and Recreation, which promotes recreation programs in Scarsdale, have openings for two-year terms.

Both the Board of Ethics and Cable Television Commission have five-year terms opening up. Those interested in preserving the environment can apply to the Conservation Advisory Council and those looking to maintain Scarsdale’s history can submit their names to be a part of the Committee for Historic Preservation.

The Advisory Council on Scarsdale Senior Citizens, Town Board of Assessment Review and Advisory Council on Technology have openings for open-ended terms. The Advisory Council on Youth, the organization that advises and assists the Board of Trustees about the needs of Scarsdale children, has a two-year term that has opened up.

For those interested in selecting individuals qualified to work in the offices of Village Justice, there are openings on the Judicial Qualifications Advisory Committee, and art-oriented residents can submit their name to be a representative to the Scarsdale Arts Council.

All materials must be submitted no later than March 1. Residents with questions should contact Personnel Committee Chair Harrison at (914) 725-0962 or Village Clerk Donna Conkling can also be contacted at (914) 722-1175 or

  • Comment


In Other News


Westchester Will Forfeit $5.2M In Housing Grants

Pace Performing Arts Hosts Session With Director Doyle

Stepinac's Digital Library Draws Nationwide Interest