SCARSDALE, N.Y. – Faculty members in the Scarsdale School District are the best paid in the state outside of New York City, according to a study sponsored by the Empire Center for New York State Policy.
The study, posted at www.SeeThroughNY.net, said the district's 531 employees earn a total of $61,415,160 for an average salary of $115,659, or more than $10,000 more than runner-up Bronxville. This is the third straight year Scarsdale topped the list.
The database includes pay for teachers, administrators and others – including custodians, aides and bus drivers – for the 12-month period that ended June 30. The figures are those reported to the New York State Teachers Retirement System (NYSTRS).
Superintendent Michael McGill was paid $332,592, the ninth-highest schools salary in the state. Long Island’s Rockville Centre School Superintendent William Johnson topped the list at $567,248.
Long Island school employees are paid the most in the state, with mid-Hudson closely following at an average of $72,000.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Snow Likely In Scarsdale On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 4 Scarsdale's Ciavolino Stars In Stepinac High School Play
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Scarsdale