SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- The Scarsdale Adult School is celebrating Women's History Month in March and beyond.
The school will host a special event at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 18 at Scarsdale High School to present an award to journalist Lynn Povich. Povich, author of The "Good Girls Revolt," will engage in conversation with cultural historian Lori Rotskoff, as they discuss the professional women at Newsweek who filed the first female class-action lawsuit for employment discrimination. Advance registration for the event is highly recommended.
The school will also host a poetry seminar with Ruth Handel on Tuesday, March 11 at the Scarsdale Public Library. Lori Rotskoff will also be back on Tuesday, Apr. 1 to lead Fearless Females: Four Memoirs by Modern Women at Westchester Reform Temple.
In July, Eleanor Ehrenkranz will lead The Jewish Woman Depicted in Literature and Media, with focus on how Jewish women have been portrayed in American literature from 1930 to the present. The class meets on Tuesdays from 1:30 to 3 p.m. at Scarsdale Public Library starting July 1; tuition is $150.
To register for the programs, residents are asked to visit the Scarsdale Adult School website.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Greenburgh Crash ID'd
- 2 Scarsdale Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Scarsdale
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Hundreds Pay Respects To Slain Harrison Sisters During Calling Hours