SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- The Scarsdale Adult School is celebrating Women's History Month in March and beyond.
The school will host a special event at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 18 at Scarsdale High School to present an award to journalist Lynn Povich. Povich, author of The "Good Girls Revolt," will engage in conversation with cultural historian Lori Rotskoff, as they discuss the professional women at Newsweek who filed the first female class-action lawsuit for employment discrimination. Advance registration for the event is highly recommended.
The school will also host a poetry seminar with Ruth Handel on Tuesday, March 11 at the Scarsdale Public Library. Lori Rotskoff will also be back on Tuesday, Apr. 1 to lead Fearless Females: Four Memoirs by Modern Women at Westchester Reform Temple.
In July, Eleanor Ehrenkranz will lead The Jewish Woman Depicted in Literature and Media, with focus on how Jewish women have been portrayed in American literature from 1930 to the present. The class meets on Tuesdays from 1:30 to 3 p.m. at Scarsdale Public Library starting July 1; tuition is $150.
To register for the programs, residents are asked to visit the Scarsdale Adult School website.
- 1 Scarsdale Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Scarsdale
- 3 Mattessi Joins Douglas Elliman Real Estate In Scarsdale
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Accidents On Slippery Westchester Roadways Include Jackknifed Trailer