SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- Scarsdale science students recently took home awards at the Upstate Junior Science and Humanities Symposium and Westchester Science and Engineering Fair.
Students Brian Beitler and Cindy Du took home awards during the symposium that drew more than 100 students from 30 schools. There were 13 Scarsdale Research students who attended the event.
Nine Scarsdale seniors participated in the 15th annual Westchester Science and Engineering Fair at Sleepy Hollow High School on Saturday, March 15. About 400 students from 30 area schools participated in the event.
The following are Scarsdale student awards from the event:
- Fourth-place awards were Sponsored by Westchester Academy of Medicine. All Fourth Place winners received a medallion & $25. 4th Place winners included Phillip Liu for Computer Science, and Zubin Koticha and Brett Pogostin for Behavior.
- Third-place awards were Sponsored by Psychogenics Pharmaceuticals. Third place winners received a medallion, & $50. Claudia Laurie was our 3rd place winner in Behavior.
- Second-place awards were sponsored by Acorda Theraputics. Second place winner received a medallion and $75.00 Our 2nd place winners were: Archana Ram in Cell and Molecular Biology, Rachel Hurst in Earth and Space Science and Brian Beitler in Plant Science.
- First-place awards were Sponsored by Regeneron Pharmaceuticals. Winners of the First Place award received a gold medal, & $100. Sam Huang was awarded a first place in Microbiology and Cindy Du was awarded first place in Medicine and Health. In addition, Cindy Du, was one of the ten top scoring projects and therefore was also awarded an all expenses paid trip to Los Angeles in order to compete in the Intel International Science & Engineering Fair .
- 1 Cell Phone Violation Leads To Scarsdale Woman's DWI Charge
- 2 IRS Warns Scarsdale Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 New York Rangers' Kevin Klein To Attend Scarsdale Book Signing
- 5 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS