SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- Two Scarsdale students recently competed in the National Mathcounts Competition at Disney World.
Eighth-grader Richard Xu and sixth-grader Eric Wei helped the New York team earn fourth place at the competition, representatives said in a press release. The fourth-place finish was the best in the state's history at the competition, according to the release.
"The students were treated as VIPs the entire 4-day trip including Disney park passes and a private event in Epcot," representatives said. "Part of the competition was webcast live on ESPN.com and the event was covered by 'ABC World News' with Diane Sawyer. Many top executives from the major sponsors were their including Raytheon, the major sponsor. Mathcounts and their sponsors encourages STEM (science, math, engineering and math) education and career paths for our young people."
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Scarsdale
- 4 Police Investigate Series of Home Burglaries Near Scarsdale Border
- 5 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan