SCARSDALE, N.Y. – Scarsdale students at Quaker Ridge Elementary School are supporting veterans, and inviting the community to do the same, with the district’s first-ever clothing drive designed specifically for men who have served in the military.
Residents can drop off gently used men’s jackets, footwear and gloves to the main lobby at Quaker Ridge, where boxes have been labeled for donations.
The service project was made possible due to help from the Quaker Ridge Community Service Committee. The “Kids for Vets”program will accept donations until Friday, Feb. 1.
“It has always been the hope of our Community Service Committee that our children will start to have a broader understanding of others,” Jennifer Hefner, the teacher in charge, said. “We are happy to support the work that is being done to support our veterans.”
- 1 Scarsdale Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Scarsdale
- 3 Mattessi Joins Douglas Elliman Real Estate In Scarsdale
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Netscape Co-Founder ID'd As Buyer Of Ron Howard Estate On Armonk Border