SCARSDALE, N.Y. – Nearly 1,000 Scarsdale residents came out to vote on the school district’s $148 million budget, with residents overwhelmingly approving the spending plan for the upcoming 2014-15 school year.
The budget overwhelmingly passed, with 777 yes votes against just 220 no votes. Scott Silberfein and Chris Morin were elected to the Scarsdale Board of Education.
The result was in stark contrast to last year’s budget, which was narrowly voted down initially, before voters approved it after a second vote. The 2013-14 budget exceeded the state cap on the property tax levy, whereas the 3.94 percent increase this year does not exceed the threshold.
- 1 Cell Phone Violation Leads To Scarsdale Woman's DWI Charge
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 4 Snow Likely In Scarsdale On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Scarsdale