SCARSDALE, N.Y. – Scarsdale schools continue to be affected by the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, and with a nor’easter making its way toward the village, even more changes are planned.
After-school activities at the elementary schools and middle school have been canceled for Wednesday. A determination on the rest of the week will be made on a day-to-day basis, according to Superintendent Michael McGill.
A tree leaning on a power line at Heathcote Elementary School is restricting access to the back drive and causing a traffic buildup at the main entry on Palmer Avenue. Due to this inconvenience, departure at the school will be delayed until 3:30 p.m.
The district said it may not be able to make a decision on canceling classes because of the nor’easter until Thursday morning. It will do its best to inform parents as soon as possible, McGill said. Cancellation notifications can be found on the district website.
- 1 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says
- 2 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 3 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 4 Fiancée Angelika Graswald Charged With Hudson River Murder Of Kayaker
- 5 Bud Light Apologizes For Bottle Label Some Believe Promotes Rape