MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Mount Vernon High School graduate Isaiah Cousins and the No. 5 seed Oklahoma Sooners were upset in the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Thursday in an 80-75 loss to No. 12 North Dakota State in Buffalo.
Cousins, a sophomore guard, scored 17 points and made two free throws to give the Sooners at 62-61 lead with 1:30 remaining in the game after they had trailed all of the second half.
The former Knights star made one of two free throws with 26 seconds remaining for a 66-63 Sooners lead but North Dakota recovered to tie the game at 70-70 to get to overtime.
- 1 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 5 Eastchester Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Car Accident That Killed Three