WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – New York Rangers head coach and avid dog lover John Tortorella is using his own foundation to support the Westchester Humane Society.
The Rangers and the John and Christine Tortorella Family Foundation will co-host a dog walk at Riverside Park on the Upper West Side on the morning of Sept. 9, according to a published report. Proceeds will go to the Westchester Humane Society and similar organizations that seek to expand the humane treatment of animals.
Team captain Ryan Callahan and alternate captain Brad Richards will also participate in the event.
- 1 Scarsdale Ranked Among Safest Places To Live In New York
- 2 National Weather Service: Scarsdale's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 3 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 4 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 5 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester