WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – New York Rangers head coach and avid dog lover John Tortorella is using his own foundation to support the Westchester Humane Society.
The Rangers and the John and Christine Tortorella Family Foundation will co-host a dog walk at Riverside Park on the Upper West Side on the morning of Sept. 9, according to a published report. Proceeds will go to the Westchester Humane Society and similar organizations that seek to expand the humane treatment of animals.
Team captain Ryan Callahan and alternate captain Brad Richards will also participate in the event.
- 1 Scarsdale Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 2 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 3 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 4 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History
- 5 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit