WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – New York Rangers head coach and avid dog lover John Tortorella is using his own foundation to support the Westchester Humane Society.
The Rangers and the John and Christine Tortorella Family Foundation will co-host a dog walk at Riverside Park on the Upper West Side on the morning of Sept. 9, according to a published report. Proceeds will go to the Westchester Humane Society and similar organizations that seek to expand the humane treatment of animals.
Team captain Ryan Callahan and alternate captain Brad Richards will also participate in the event.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Scarsdale; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Scarsdale, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Scarsdale Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Scarsdale Enters State Of Emergency As Snow Steadily Falls