WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – New York Rangers head coach and avid dog lover John Tortorella is using his own foundation to support the Westchester Humane Society.
The Rangers and the John and Christine Tortorella Family Foundation will co-host a dog walk at Riverside Park on the Upper West Side on the morning of Sept. 9, according to a published report. Proceeds will go to the Westchester Humane Society and similar organizations that seek to expand the humane treatment of animals.
Team captain Ryan Callahan and alternate captain Brad Richards will also participate in the event.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Greenburgh Crash ID'd
- 2 Scarsdale Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Scarsdale
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Hundreds Pay Respects To Slain Harrison Sisters During Calling Hours