WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – New York Rangers head coach and avid dog lover John Tortorella is using his own foundation to support the Westchester Humane Society.
The Rangers and the John and Christine Tortorella Family Foundation will co-host a dog walk at Riverside Park on the Upper West Side on the morning of Sept. 9, according to a published report. Proceeds will go to the Westchester Humane Society and similar organizations that seek to expand the humane treatment of animals.
Team captain Ryan Callahan and alternate captain Brad Richards will also participate in the event.
- 1 Scarsdale Man, 34, Charged With DWI On Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Scarsdale Must Prepare
- 4 First Snowfall Of Season In Scarsdale Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire