SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- Scarsdale has dug itself out of an early hole and now the Raiders have their collective eyes set on a berth in the Section 1 Class AA Football Championships.
In order for Scarsdale to achieve its goal, the Raiders must continue winning as they play Suffern at 7 p.m. Friday in a Class AA game.
Scarsdale opened with losses to Clarkstown North and Clarkstown South, but has since bounced back with wins against White Plains and Lincoln.
The Raiders have rediscovered their offense, scoring 76 points in their wins. Scarsdale also welcomed John Cappello back to his fullback position last week against Lincoln. The senior and captain had been playing nose guard for an injured teammate, but Cappello rushed for 103 yards and two touchdowns against Lincoln.
Cappello’s return to the backfield gives Scarsdale another offensive weapon to go along with halfback Robert Plummer and quarterback Andrew Verboys Jr.
- 1 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 2 Scarsdale Couple Suing Golf Club, Saying Balls Are Flying Into Yard
- 3 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Parts Of Westchester County
- 5 Nor'easter To Impact Scarsdale On Wednesday