SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- Scarsdale has dug itself out of an early hole and now the Raiders have their collective eyes set on a berth in the Section 1 Class AA Football Championships.
In order for Scarsdale to achieve its goal, the Raiders must continue winning as they play Suffern at 7 p.m. Friday in a Class AA game.
Scarsdale opened with losses to Clarkstown North and Clarkstown South, but has since bounced back with wins against White Plains and Lincoln.
The Raiders have rediscovered their offense, scoring 76 points in their wins. Scarsdale also welcomed John Cappello back to his fullback position last week against Lincoln. The senior and captain had been playing nose guard for an injured teammate, but Cappello rushed for 103 yards and two touchdowns against Lincoln.
Cappello’s return to the backfield gives Scarsdale another offensive weapon to go along with halfback Robert Plummer and quarterback Andrew Verboys Jr.
- 1 Scarsdale Ranked Among Safest Places To Live In New York
- 2 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 3 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester