SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- The Scarsdale Public Library has a whole host of new programs for children throughout October that include everything from crochet to yoga.
• Needle mania!, a crochet club for kids, begins at 4 p.m., Oct. 15. Children in grades three and up will have an opportunity to learn the basics or show off their existing skills while meeting new friends. The program will run on Thursdays through Nov. 5. Registration is required at the library website. www.scarsdalelibrary.org.
• Robert the Guitar Guy brings his special brand of music to the library at 10 a.m., Oct. 13. Robert and his repertoire of more than 75 songs entertains young children up to age 5 as he conveys his delight in musical expression.
• Traditional Storytime is held at 4 p.m. each Tuesday and feature stories and rhymes designed specifically for ages 3 ½ to 5.
• The Mother Goose for Walkers Up to Age 2 will be held at 9:30 and 10:30 a.m., Oct.15. This language enrichment program uses rhymes, songs and stories to stimulate listening, learning, speaking and reading skills. Mother Goose for Walkers is limited to the first 20 appropriately aged children. Attendees must have a ticket which are distributed on a first come, first served basis to Scarsdale cardholders in the Children’s Room half an hour before the start of each session.
• Drop-in-Crafts for children ages three-and-half to seven will be at 4 p.m. Oct. 15. Each session has a theme, such as creating animals, using paper, paint, and markers.
• Mother Goose for Pre-Walkers, a program of rhymes, songs and stories for infants who are not yet walking will be held at 9:30 a.m., Oct.16. Reservations are not required.
• Yoga-a-Go-Go, a program for children with special needs, will be at 1 p.m., Oct. 18. Yoga can not only aid in teaching a child focus and balance but, even more importantly, self-acceptance and confidence. Traditional yoga poses and practices have been modified into a playful, non-judgmental format for fun and relaxation. Wheelchairs can be accommodated.
For more information, visit the library website at www.scarsdalelibrary.org.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.