SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- Susie Rush, an "extraordinary citizen" with more than 18 years of dedicated volunteerism to Scarsdale, will be the 2016 recipient of the Scarsdale Bowl.
The Scarsdale Bowl was initiated in 1943 to recognize an individual’s outstanding contributions to the civic life of Scarsdale.
“We are fortunate to have so many community members give their time to our town and we have so many stars, but Susie is the supernova of volunteers,” said Michelle Lichtenberg, the Chairman of the Scarsdale Bowl Committee.
Rush has served on dozens of organizations and committees in Scarsdale and beyond.
She will be honored at the Scarsdale Bowl Wednesday, April 13 at The Fountainhead in New Rochelle.
Susie Rush has volunteered in the following ways:
- Treasurer/Trustee, Scarsdale Foundation
- Member, Scarsdale Coalition on Family Violence
- Board member, Scarsdale Task Force on Drugs and Alcohol
- Advisory board member, Scarsdale Edgemont Family Counseling Service
- Moderator, League of Women Voters of Westchester
- (2013-15) President, League of Women Voters of Scarsdale
- Board member, League of Women Voters of Scarsdale
Past civic activities:
- Quaker Ridge PTA president
- President of the Scarsdale PT Council
- Member, Scarsdale High School PTA Scholarship Fund for College, chair
- Scarsdale School Board Nominating Committee, chair
- Kids’ B.A.S.E.
- The Little School
- Scarsdale Teen Center Adult Board
- STEP Board
- Scarsdale Forum
- League of Women Voters of Westchester
- Scarsdale Teachers Institute Policy Board
Rush received her bachelor's degree from Smith College and her law degree from the University of Pennsylvania. She is a legislative analyst in the office of New York State Assemblywoman Amy Paulin.
Rush and her husband, Andy, have two sons, David and Jonathan.
Scarsdale residents are invited to attend the dinner. Click here to make an online reservation.
Scarsdale residents may also receive a written invitation by emailing email@example.com .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.