SCARSDALE, N.Y. The Scarsdale Fire Department responded to three cooking fires over the holiday week, but all were contained to the cooking containers.
The most recent was at 10:52 a.m. Monday, Dec. 26, at a Brewster Road residence, where a general alarm was believed to be set off by burned food.
At 4:04 p.m. Saturday, the Fire Department responded to an alarm at a Madison Road home, again activated from cooking smoke.
A microwave fire brought a response to another Madison Road home at 7:28 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 21. According to the Fire Department report, food was burned in the microwave, creating a small fire. The microwave was removed from the home and the house was ventilated.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.