SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Scarsdale last week:
- Westchester is home to nine billionaires, including Daniel Och, ranked 153, of Scarsdale , chairman and chief executive officer of Och-Ziff Capital Management Group, on the 2014 Forbes 400 list that was released on Monday, Sept. 29.
- After discussing a series of proposed capital projects throughout the school district, the Scarsdale Board of Education has reduced the scope of the plan, which will now require a bond of less than $17 million.
- Metro-North is seeing a spike in crimes , especially high-priced theft, according to LoHud.com. Of the 107 felonies reported on the commuter rail through August, 52 of them involved the theft of items valued over $1,000.
- Students from local and private schools across nine Westchester County towns were among 1,600 semifinalists chosen for the 2015 National Achievement Scholarship program , reportsLoHud.com.
- Irvington Police initiated a search for a 41-year-old woman from Pennsylvania driving a pickup truck who may be emotionally disturbed and missing.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.