SCARSDALE, N.Y. It's a busy week for Scarsdale's governing boards.
The board of education will hear a presentation on "Elementary Science Inquiry Method and Performance Assessment" at its meeting at 8 p.m. Monday in the Scarsdale Middle School band room. The board will discuss the formation of an education foundation and will have time for public comment. Other discussion items include financial reports for November and December, settlement of tax certioraris, STI spring and summer courses and the 2012-12 school calendar, 2012-13.
The board of education's business meeting will be preceded by a special meeting at 6 p.m. with representatives of the board's health insurance consultants in the administrative conference room on the second floor of the administrative wing. Around 7:15 p.m. the meeting will be open with parents and other middle school constituents.
The board of architectural review meets at 7:30 p.m. Monday at Village Hall to consider the following:
- Salvatore Marchese, 40 Carthage Road, landscaping
- Joseph Saccomamo, 2 Jefferson Road, addition and extend deck
- Mr. and Mrs. Brettschneider, 7 Cooper Road, addition
- RGF Development, 51 Garden Road, new house
- Marchese Developers, 4 Colonial Road, new house
- Mr. and Mrs. Yacoub, 1 Lebanon Road, addition
- RGF Development, 53 Sycamore Road, landscaping
- RGF Development, 39 Oxford Road, new house, preliminary
- RGF Development, 51 Sycamore Road, landscaping
- Michael Bandureck, 15 Stonehouse Road, exterior change
- Mr. and Mrs. Tan Addition, 170 Boulevard, addition
The village board of trustees will meet at 8 p.m. Tuesday in village hall. Among the agenda items are resolutions regarding an appointment of a new chair of the advisory council on human relations and an appointment to the committee on historic preservation and land use committee. There will also be a resolution regarding development at the Golden Horseshoe and Sheldrake River water quality.
At 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, the law committee of the board of trustees will meet in the trustees room on the second floor in village hall. The committee will discuss a request for an amendment to Village Code Chapter 310, Article XII Wireless Law, and pending litigation involving 15 Gatehouse Road. It is anticipated that the committee will convene in executive session to discuss the pending litigation.
The planning board meets at 8 p.m. Wednesday in village hall to discuss:
- The referral from the village board of trustees regarding proposed amendments to Chapter 310 - zoning that would clarify the prohibition of interior lots
- The referral from the Village Board of Trustees regarding the request from CP Retail LLC for a special use permit for the retail use by MAG Tricote, a clothing boutique, at 1 Christie Place.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.