First responders in Pelham helped save a house after an electrical fire broke out on Tuesday afternoon.
Members of the Pelham Fire Department received a report at approximately noon from a Third Avenue homeowner, where there was an electrical fire that broke out in the home.
Officials said that firefighters were met by officers with the Pelham Police Department and tenants from the Third Avenue home, who reported that there was smoke and fire in a first-floor bedroom.
Fire crews quickly located the source of the fire, opened up the wall and knocked down the flames within five minutes of receiving the call. Officials said, “a quick response time coupled with an aggressive attack helped keep this fire contained to its point of origin and not spreading in the residence.”
Paramedics from Empress EMS and crews from the Mount Vernon Fire Department also responded to the scene.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.